- 1½ pounds ground beef
- ¾ cup onions, chopped
- 2 cans pinto beans (with or without peppers)
- 2 cans fire-roasted or stewed tomatoes
- 1 can Ro*tel brand salsa (or similar)
- 1 can garbanzo beans, drained
- 1 can corn, drained (or an equivalent amount of frozen corn may be used)
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1 envelope buttermilk or ranch dressing
- 1 cup water
- shredded cheese of choice (optional)
- sour cream (optional)
- Brown ground beef and drain off grease.
- Add meat, beans, onion, corn, tomato sauce, taco seasoning, dressing mix and water to a crockpot (or slow cooker). Let simmer until hot, stirring occasionally.
- When serving, can add shredded cheese and/or a dollop of sour cream to each bowl.