Serves/Makes: 8 | Difficulty Level: 3 | Ready In: 30-60 minutes
- 1 can sour pitted cherries -1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 (3 oz.) pkg. cherry Jello
- 1 pkg Knox gelatin, softened
- 1 small can crushed pineapple and juice
- 1/4 cup chopped nuts (pecans preferred)
Directions: Drain cherries. Put juice, 3/4 c water, and sugar in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Add softened Knox gelatin. Remove from stove. If you cook with stainless steel, you can add Jello; if not put Jello into a bowl. Add hot liquid and dissolve Jello thoroughly. Add 3/4 c cold water, crushed pineapple and chopped nuts.
Cool. Add crushed pineapple, cherries and nuts. Pour into pretty serving dish. Keeps well.