(Elizabeth says, “I didn’t name it!”)
- Rotisserie chicken (or boil a chicken and use that) – pulled into little pieces
- 2 packages of Pepperidge Farm Cornbread stuffing (no seasoning)
- 2 cups chicken broth (either bought or from boiling the chicken if you do it that way)
- 2 cans Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 2 cans Cream of Chicken Soup
- 2 sticks butter
Melt 1 stick of butter, add the Cream of Mushroom Soup and 1 cup of the broth. Whisk it all together.
Layer 1/3 of the breadcrumbs in a 9 x 13 casserole dish. Layer on top of that ½ of the chicken pieces. Pour on the soup mixture.
Melt the other stick of butter, add the Cream of Chicken Soup and the other cup of broth. Whisk it all together.
Layer into the casserole another layer of 1/3 of the breadcrumbs, the other half of the chicken, then the next soup mixture. Put on top one final layer of breadcrumbs.
Bake at 350º for 45 minutes. (Elizabeth says, “This recipe is VERY easy to half!! That’s what I usually do. Or, you can make two halves and freeze one.”)