- 1 cup (250 mL) All Bran cereal
- 1 cup (250 mL) buttermilk or sour milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- ¾ cup (175 mL) finely shredded carrots (about 2 medium)
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) vegetable oil
- 1 cup (250 mL) all purpose flour
- ¼ cup (50 mL) packed brown sugar
- 2 tsp (10 mL) baking powder
- ¾ tsp (4 mL) ground cinnamon or allspice
- ½ tsp (2 mL) baking soda
- ½ tsp (2 mL) salt
Equipment: Muffin tin, greased or paper-lined
Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
- In a bowl, combine bran cereal and buttermilk. Let stand for about 5 minutes. Add egg, carrots and oil; mix well.
- In another bowl, combine flour, brown sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda, salt and bran mixture; stir just until blended.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin tin. Bake in preheated oven for 15 to 20 minutes or until browned.