Salmon Fish Tacos
- 2 tomatillos, husk removed, chopped
- 1 small jalapeno, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 ripe avocado
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- lime juice to taste
- 1 teaspoon ground coffee
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 1/2 pounds salmon, cut into 8 portions
- 1 cup each julienne red and green cabbage
- 1 red pepper, julienne
- 1 yellow pepper, julienne
- corn tortillas, lightly oiled, wrapped in foil, kept warm in oven
In a small blender or food processor, combine tomatillos, jalapeno, cilantro, garlic, sour cream and avocado. Sprinkle with salt, freshly ground pepper and a squeeze of lime juice. Puree until smooth and adjust seasonings. Reserve.
Combine coffee and spices in a small bowl. Season salmon with salt and freshly ground pepper and sprinkle with spice mixture. In a large saute pan, heat a thin film of oil over medium high heat. Saute salmon in batches to desired doneness. Remove from pan to plate and tent with foil to keep warm.
Combine cabbages and peppers in a bowl and season with salt and freshly ground pepper. Toss with some of the creamy avocado dressing to moisten and adjust seasoning.
Serve warm corn tortillas with salmon, slaw and extra avocado dressing on the side.
Recipe provided by Chef Shellie Kark, Kitchencue