Prep time: 15 min. Cook time: 5 hr.
- 2 apples (cored, peeled and diced) (I don’t peel them if organic)
- 1 1/2 c. coconut milk
- 1 1/2 c. water
- 1 c. steel cut oats
- 1 T. brown sugar
- 1 T. sucanat (or another T. brown sugar)
- 1 T. coconut oil
- 1 t. cinnamon
- 1/4 t. salt
raisins, pecans, walnuts, apples, bananas, ec.
- Spray the inside of your slow cooker with oil thoroughly (very IMPORTANT)
- Add all ingredients except your toppings to the slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 5-7 hours, depending on your cooker. Some take longer and some are faster. We recommend trying a test run during the day to see how long yours takes before trying overnight.
Serves 6-8 Be sure to use STEEL CUT OATS. These are heartier and take longer to cook so they are better for slow cooking.
Experiment with different flavors and fruits.
I make this on top of the stove using quick cooking steel cut oats. I’ve not tried it in the slow cooker but the quick cooking version is delicious!