1 pkg giblets from the turkey Simmer heart, gizzard and neck from the turkey in seasoned water until tender - 1 to 2 hr. Add the liver the last 5 to 15 min. Chop the cooked giblets and add to Bread Stuffing (below).
1 c butter
- 3/4 c finely minced onion
- 12 c (3 qt) coarse or fine bread crumbs or cubes
- 1 1/2 c chopped celery (stalks & leaves)
- 1 T salt
- 1 t pepper
- 1 T dried sage, thyme or marjoram
- poultry seasoning to taste
Melt butter in large heavy skillet. Add onion and cook until yellow, stirring occasionally. Stir in some of the bread crumbs. Heat, stirring to prevent excessive browning. Turn into deep bowl. Mix in remaining ingredients lightly. For dry stuffing, add little or no liquid. For moist stuffing, mix in lightly with fork just enough hot water or broth to moisten dry crumbs. Cook and place stuffing in bird when ready to bake.