- 1/2 c toasted and chopped pecans
- 3-4 c diced leftover turkey (white and dark meat)
- 1 c red grapes, halved if small, quartered if larger
- 1 c diced celery
- 1/4 c finely sliced green onions (scallions)
- 2 T chopped fresh tarragon
- 1 c regular or low-fat mayonnaise
- Salt & pepper
- Freshly made pesto
Toast the pecans.
In a large mixing bow blend the turkey, grapes, celery, onions, tarragon, mayonnaise, salt, pepper & pecans.
Spread the pesto sauce on both bread slices, pile on the turkey and pest, and you have a great sandwich.
(The original recipe called for using cranberry sauce as the sandwich condiment. If you like cranberry sauce, it would be a good option.)
This will easily make six servings.
Borrowed from Keith Frohreich’s blog