Note: I was unable to make this taste good, but mom knows how to do it.
- 4 c. coarsely sliced kale leaves (center ribs removed)
- ½ c. chopped onion (about 1 medium)
- 4 ½ c. water
- 1 t. lemon pepper
- 1 t. dried basil leaves
- ½ t. salt
- 6 precooked all-beef sausage links (about 4 oz), cut into fourths (I use all turkey smoked sausage)
- 2 medium parsnips, cut into ½-inch cubes
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 2 cans (15 oz each) cannellini or great northern beans, drained
Mix all ingredients in Dutch oven. Heat to boiling; reduce heat. Cover and simmer 10 to 15 minutes or until kale and parsnips are tender.
from Betty Crocker’s Easy Low-Fat Cooking