- Cook rice, and chill it (You want the rice to be a little more firm than normal, and chilled so it fries well.)
- Heat oil in a wok
- Saute diced Garlic and onion
- Break an egg or two or more and scramble it in the oil.
- Add any veggies you like (Peas, broccoli, carrots, peppers etc.) or even pineapple and fry them up for a couple minutes
- Add the chilled rice
- Add soy sauce as you’re mixing to brown it a bit
- If you want to add chicken, dice it up and cook it after you saute the garlic and onions. Or just cook it separate and add as you’re mixing.
Fried Rice is genius because it’s more about the method rather than the ingredients. You can add or subtract almost anything based on preference. You just need to cook anything you want in it, then add rice and soy sauce.
— Eric Carroll
Trey says: I need to try this one too.