From the amazing Drisana McDaniel:
- Melt butter and brown sugar until smooth. It should cover the bottom of your pan.
- You should have seasoned your chicken generously with salt, pepper, and Garam masala, after rinsing and patting the chicken dry. You may also cut the thighs into bite-size pieces… or not.
- Brown the chicken on both sides. This should take about 4 minutes or so.
- Add sliced onion and red bell pepper.
- Sauté with the chicken for about 2 minutes, adding garlic for the last minute.
- Add 1 can of coconut milk. Warm throughout.
- Add a generous scoop (or 2!) of peanut butter to the simmer.
- Add a generous scoop of tomato paste (or 2!) as well. Stir together.
- Add strained tomatoes and chicken broth.
Let cook as long as you wish. I suggest cooking on low forever (3 hrs.) If you like, you may add parsley or cilantro.
Add 1 scoop of rice to the bowl of soup for serving. Garnish with chopped peanuts and scallions.