- use a potato peeler to make long strips of orange peel (lemon, lime and grapefruit are good too). the less of that white pith on the inside of the peel the better
- boil it all for ~20 minutes to soften it up and get rid of some of the bitterness. drain all that water because it’s real gross (trust me I tasted it last night out of curiosity)
- get a 2-to-1 ratio of sugar-to-water boiling and let it boil for a few minutes so it’s super hot
- drop all the peels in, set it to simmer and stir occasionally. I did 5 minutes and they came out semi-sweet. the longer, the sweeter.
- drain the liquid (this is basically citrus flavored simple syrup, so I kept it)
- toss all the peels in granulated sugar while they’re still sticky
- let it dry out on tin foil for a couple hours
via Josh Mock